Since I was little, reading has been one of my favorite things to do. But with today's busy lives and a little one running around, I don't get to read as much as I would like. That's why when I made my list of things I wanted to do in Spain, reading was at the absolute top of the list. I am already daydreaming about reading in little cafes, outside in the park, on the train from Barcelona to Madrid, on the balcony of my little AirBnB in Madrid. I can feel the sparks of joy already!
To travel light, I'm going with my Kindle, so I'm planning to load it up with a few titles and then see what I'm in the mood for when I get there.
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff (I think I have started this book about five times ... I'm going to have to start over, AGAIN.)
- Parenting without Power Struggles by Susan Stiffelman (I know, I know ... a parenting book on vacation?!? But trust me, this one is a must.)
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (Bonus: it's free on my Kindle!)
- I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb (I read this years ago, and it's probably my favorite book of all time. I'd love to re-read it.)
I was thinking of pulling a few ideas off of this list of "life-changing" books from Real Simple (you know I love anything that promises to be life-changing!), but I would love your ideas as well, via comments here on the blog or via Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram.
- What books are you bringing on your vacation?
- Have you read any of the titles on the Real Simple list?
- What's your favorite book of all time?
I'm so excited for my next post about Paper, where I get to tell you all about one of my Top Ten Favorite Things of All Time: The Five Minute Journal.